Thursday, November 3, 2016

Identifying a Learning Environment for LEDx - Updated

Identifying a Learning Environment for LEDx - Updated

Brad Griffith - November 3, 2016

I have decided to change my project to something that is going to affect my role more directly.  I am a program manager and my department has recently decided to begin certifying programs based upon certain features such as being a blended program, fully online program, cohort program, etc. I would like to use LEDx to design this certification program from start to finish.

My client for this project will be my Assistant Director for Distance Education.  He has the authority to present this information to the key stakeholders that we will need in order to make this certification program a significant success and one that might be shared with other institutions.

This learning environment matters because distance education and blended programs are more able to meet the needs of students and therefore have a greater ability to financially benefit departments, colleges, and universities.

I'll use the LEDx framework to discover each step of this process that will need to be designed and built.  It will also come into play in the evaluation of this learning environment once it's set into motion.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an exciting program, Brad. LEDx should prove to be an invaluable tool for designing, creating, and evaluating the program. I look forward to seeing the results of your work.

    ReplyDelete