Monday, October 31, 2016

Client Empathy Discover Datasheet

Client Empathy Discover Datasheet

October 31, 2016 - Brad Griffith

For this assignment, I asked my colleague Rhonda if I could observe her in her workspace.  Rhonda's office is close to mine and I have worked with her in this space before, but this was an interesting experience as I went into her space with a different mindset.

I began by backing a chair into Rhonda's corner and just letting her work. 

 
It was here that I noticed the curated experience of being in her office. On the datasheet, I listed some of these observations and the blocks I thought were affected by them.  In my documentation, I wanted to remember this experience visually, so I drew a floor plan of her office and highlighted the effect that essential oils had on me.  Rhonda uses the oils, her plants, and the organization of her office to bring peace and clarity to her workday.   I selected three of the blocks which I felt were affected by this experience:  information, dialogue, and practice.  Rhonda is able to process information in this space better because of how it's arranged according to her standards.
 
 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Brad,

    This is a good example of how one can use the Discover Datasheet in observations. You have good notes and documentation. In general, it's best to limit a single sheet to a single building block. This helps in the analytical review of the collected data. That said, I realize you were attempting to consolidate your observation information in this example.

    ReplyDelete